Chesapeake Bay Watershed Phase 5.3 Model
Just Added - Download Phase 5.3. See Links below.
Driven by the needs of State collaborators and our experience that open-source community models make for better products, the Phase 5 Chesapeake Bay Watershed Model has been intentionally designed to be made available through the web and has the following community model features:
- Easily broken into smaller watersheds
- All open source (except MatLab postprocessor)
- Broad user community during development
The Phase 5.3 model is calibrated using robust and repeatable methodology:
- Based on broad experience
- Smaller areas can be recalibrated with new segmentation
- All regions treated equally
This model will be useful for:
- State and local governments as a starting point for TMDL or other pollutant load modeling
- Consultants as a starting point for TMDL or other pollutant load modeling
- Academic institutions as a research tool
- Download Phase 5.3. Please be sure to read the README file located in this directory.
- Interested in loading your Estuarine model with output from the watershed model? Click here for deatailed instructions on connecting the Phase 5.3 model to your model.
- A user group listserv for Phase 5.3 can be accessed here. If you encounter issues or problems while using 5.3, please log on and post your issue or search the archives to see if others have encountered and resolved the same problem.
- General Model Info -- including model information and model publications.
Phase 5.3 Partners
- Chesapeake Bay Program
- Virginia Department of Conservation & Recreation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin
- University System of Maryland
- Maryland Department of the Environment
- U.S. Geological Survey
For inquiries regarding the Chesapeake Bay Watershed Phase 5.3 Model, please contact CCMP.